(12-1-22) On Wednesday morning Mercer County Common Pleas Court Judge Jeffrey Ingraham, who will soon retire, handed down consecutive sentences of 70 months to Brandon Edwards, in the 2020 death of 2-year-old Ezra Siegrist.
Edwards will serve:
- 30 months for involuntary manslaughter, a third-degree felony
- 30 months for endangering children, a third-degree felony
- 10 months for aggravated possession of drugs, a fifth degree felony
Edwards upon release from prison will be subject to post release control for up to three years.
- Brandon Edwards Agrees To Plea Deal In Death Of Ezra Siegrist
- Edwards Indicted In Murder Of Ezra Siegrist
- A Year Later And Still No Update On The Death Of Ezra Siegrist
- Death Investigation Of 2-Year Old Mercer County Boy
A plea deal was agreed to on November 3rd, had there been no plea agreement the Edwards trial was scheduled to start yesterday and end tomorrow (12-2-22).