(8-6-22) The Mercer County Fairgrounds along with prominent business leaders from across the region have come together to create the Grand Event Center + Market Hall. The mission of the committee is to provide a vibrant, versatile indoor event center and arena within the Mercer County Fairgrounds to drive economic growth and support community enrichment for the greater Grand Lake Region and surrounding areas.
- Kyle VanTilburg – VTF Excavation
- Scott Tobin – SM Tobin Trucking
- Jared Ebbing – Mercer County Community Development
- Amy Hayes – Mercer County Fair Board Treasurer
- Courtney Dicke – Office Assistant
- Baily VanTilburg – VTF Excavation
- Dave Buschur – Buschur Custom Farm Services
- Cole Cooper – Cooper Farms
- Ryan Fennig – Mercer County Fair Board President
- Cara Muhlenkamp – Mercer County Fair Manager
- Rachel Reichert – Graphic Designer
- Eric Schmiesing – Garmann Miller
- Andy Stachler – Stachler Concrete
- Bruce Swonger – Individual
- Bart Leininger – Mercer County Fair Board Vice-President
- Tessie Collins – Mercer County Fair Secretary
- Allison Ryan – MVP Dairy
The Grand Event Center provides a customizable space of more than 100,00 square feet to host a wide range of events, from livestock shows and concerts to tractor pulls, tradeshows, and more.
Market Hall which was previously the “Buckeye Building” will be transformed to host conferences, weddings, banquets, and other gatherings. Its convenient location next to the Grand Event Center will also allow it to be a supporting facility during large-scale events.
Combined, the two facilities will offer a space to host nearly 6,000 guests to accommodate a wide range of events.
The development of the Grant Event Center + Market Hall will bring more events and activities to this area, complementing overall community development initiatives and goals. By hosting events locally, it is hoped to be its own catalyst for continued economic progress by keeping our spending local while attracting new customers for area businesses.
“The development of the Grand Event Center will be a valuable addition and bring even more events and activities to this area, complementing overall community development initiatives and goals.”
The new facilities will also add enrichment to the area and help attract new and maintain current residents to help fill the many employment opportunities that Mercer County has to offer. More community enrichment means more passion and perspective to cultivate community cohesion and resilience while increasing meaningful connections through social functions and activities.
As building plans come to completion the group will be looking for sponsorship funding to bring this vision to life.
$12 million will be the goal of the fundraising and sponsorship opportunities are being sought – The Grand Event Center
No tax-payers funding was mentioned in the committee’s plan.
The Grand Event Center is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization.
The Grand Event Center and Market Hall will provide citizens with another reason to be proud of the communities in which they live and work.
According to the plans groundbreaking could take place starting in August 2023, one year from now.