(5-28-20) The COVID 19 pandemic has caused unemployment numbers to rise in double-digits around the state, including Mercer County. April’s 2020 report shows those numbers have hit the entire state.
Mercer County’s rate of unemployment climbed 10.5% from 3.5 %t in March to 14% in April. It is not the lowest in Ohio for the first time since 2016. This month only Holmes County was below 10% with a state low of 6.5%.
Totals for Stateline area counties.
- Auglaize County’s rate of unemployment from 4% to 19.5%.
- Van Wert County from 4.4% to 16.2%.
- Allen County from 5.7% to 20.6%.
- Shelby County from 4.6% to 21.7%
- Darke County from 5.1% to 17.6%
- Ohio’s rate of unemployment went from 5.8% to 16.8%.
- The United States rate of unemployment rose from 4.4% to 14.7%.