article submitted for publication
Statewide Coalition & Supporters Will Drive Conversation on Policy Solutions to Protect Public Safety & Protect Life
Cleveland, OH: (5-16-23) Republican U.S. Senate candidate Matt Dolan today announced the endorsement and support of 16 elected law enforcement officials from across Ohio. The announcement coincides with National Police Week (May 14-20). As Law Enforcement Coalition Members, Dolan and the officers will meet regularly to discuss policy issues and challenges confronting Ohio law enforcement and the federal solutions capable of addressing public safety, crime reduction, and mental health.
“As a former prosecutor and Assistant State Attorney General, I am honored to have the counsel and strong support of brave law enforcement officers and personnel from across Ohio. Efforts by Democrats like Sherrod Brown in Ohio and across America to demonize and defund law enforcement must be stopped. As a State Senator, I have made funding Ohio sheriffs and police departments a priority. In the U.S. Senate, I will oppose any effort by Democrats to restrain the ability of our nation’s law enforcement community to keep Ohio and America safe.”
law enforcement officers said in a joint statement.
“The choice presently facing Ohio voters is one that carries ramifications for every city in our state and communities across America. As State Senator and a former prosecutor, Matt Dolan achieved a strong public record of supporting Ohio’s law enforcement community. Time and again, Matt has provided Ohio’s sheriff and police departments with the funding and programs we need. He is running a campaign focused on policy solutions and putting the needs of Ohio first. That’s why we support Matt Dolan for U.S. Senate.”
- Logan County Sheriff Randall Dodds
- Harding County Sheriff Keith Everhart
- Butler County Prosecutor Michael Gmoser
- Hancock County Sheriff Michael Heldman
- Lake County Sheriff Frank Leonbruno
- Belmont County Sheriff David Lucas
- Knox County Prosecutor Chip McConville
- Morgan County Sheriff Doug McGrath
- Champaign County Sheriff Matt Melvin
- Washington County Sheriff Larry Mincks
- Ashtabula County Sheriff Bill Niemi
- Union County Sheriff Jamie Patton
- Knox County Sheriff David Shaffer
- Fayette County Sheriff Vernon Stanforth
- Madison County Sheriff John Swaney
- Licking County Sheriff Randy Thorp
The following list includes examples of Matt Dolan’s work in support of Ohio’s law enforcement community.
- Dolan established a local law enforcement training program and invested $15 million to fund it and protect local communities from violent crime.
- Dolan co-sponsored a bill to establish May 24th as Ohio’s First Responders’ Appreciation Day.
- Dolan empowered local law enforcement to keep human traffickers off the street by increasing penalties on repeat offenders.
- Dolan worked with religious organizations and law enforcement to obtain funding to secure and protect houses of worship and faith-based non-profits across Ohio.
- Dolan co-sponsored a bill to align Ohio’s criminal background check system with federal law.
- Dolan led the charge on legislation that invested $250 million for Ohio’s police officers and first responders, local schools, childcare facilities and healthcare workers across our state to continue economic recovery.
- Dolan was recognized by the Ohio Domestic Violence Network as a champion and advocate for victims of domestic violence in 2021.
Learn more about Matt Dolan’s campaign for U.S. Senate at www.DolanForOhio.com.