Thanks to the 89% of members who round up their electric bill and donate to this fund, Midwest Electric has provided $1,287,469 to 1073 local charitable causes since 1998.
Mercer County Fairgrounds – $2,500.00 to build a shelter house on the fairgrounds. CCF trustee Steve Butcher with Bruce Swonger
The latest recipients of grants include:
- Delphos Community Christmas Project – $750.00 to provide a happy Christmas for needy children living in the Delphos school district
- Invincible Fire Company – $3,600.00 to purchase MARCS pagers
- American Township Fire Department – $2,975.00 to purchase MARCS pagers
- New Bremen Blanketeers – $300.00 to purchase material to make blankets for Everheart Hospice
- District 8 Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) – $650.00 to purchase FCA Bibles for High and Middle School students in west central Ohio
- Wapakoneta High School After Prom – $200.00 to provide a safe after-prom for high school students
- Marathon XI: Tri Star Eternal Scholarships – $1,000.00 for the endowed scholarship fund for Tri Star students
- Mercer County Fairgrounds – $2,500.00 to build a shelter house on the fairgrounds
- The Recovery Arts Council – $800.00 to purchase tables and chairs for the opera house
- YWCA of Van Wert County – $1,500.00 to purchase needed supplies for those living in their shelter
- Van Wert Middle School – Cougar leader program – $1,000.00 to purchase furniture for an outdoor learning space in the enclosed courtyard
The Midwest Electric Community Connection Fund is a voluntary charitable program. Participating members’ monthly electric bills are rounded up to the next dollar, with the additional pennies deposited in the fund. A Board of Trustees, composed of cooperative members and separate from the Midwest Electric Board of Trustees, oversees the application and allocation process.