(8-3-21) While schools in the immediate Stateline area are not mandating masks to start the school year one school in the area… Lima City Schools will…no matter if they have been vaccinated or not.
- EDITORIAL: Mask Mandates And Lockdowns Are In The Near Future
- CDC recommends universal indoor masking for all teachers, staff, students, and visitors to schools, regardless of vaccination status
- Ohio Department Of Health Officials Leaving Decision Of Mask Mandates To School Districts
Lima City Schools Reopening Plan
The Lima City Schools has put together its plan for the opening of school on August 18. Please keep in mind that this plan could change at any time based on current conditions of the pandemic. The plan was put in place in an effort to keep our students safe and in school.
- School will start on August 18, 2021, with in-person instruction five days a week.
- Per CDC recommendations, all staff and students will be required to wear a mask regardless of vaccination status in school and on buses.
- Staff and students are to self-monitor their health symptoms. Anyone with the following symptoms must stay home: Temperature over 100 degrees, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea/vomiting or diarrhea.These do not need to be documented but are expected to be done daily.
- We will continue to promote handwashing, the appropriate use of hand sanitizer and good hygiene practices.
- Strict sanitation measures will continue to be in place. High traffic areas and high touch areas will be wiped hourly. Hand sanitizers will continue to be used in classrooms and available in the cafeteria and after recess.
- Desks will be wiped down between classes or when students are changing desks.
- Plexiglass dividers will be available when students are sitting at tables in classrooms.
- Hallway traffic flow will continue with one-way traffic to promote social distancing. Many schools will continue to use the hallway dividers.
- Seating charts will be kept up-to-date on Progressbook. Seating in the classroom will be spaced 3 feet and/or as far apart as possible.
- Cafeteria will have seating charts. Seating in the cafeteria will be distanced as much as possible.
- Students will be permitted to carry a water bottle.
- Masks will be required at all indoor sporting events.
- Visitors to our buildings will be very limited. Visitors will be required to wear a mask regardless of vaccination status. Visitors will be required to complete health screening and have their temperature taken.
- Contact tracing will continue per ODH guidelines.
- Breakfast will be provided in the classrooms.
- Proper ventilation will be maintained to allow maximum air exchange into the buildings to help to prevent the spread of the virus.