(7-14-20) Pictures of bell removal from the old Nazarene Church at the corner of Franklin and Market in Rockford. Mike Maharg and crew removed the bell from the church for restoration.
The bell is stamped ‘C.S. Bell Company #40.’ It appears the bell dates to the late 1800’s. The church is scheduled for demolition this week.
The church was bought from the U.B. Church on Route 33 west of Rockford near Harner Road around 1940 and moved to its current location, becoming a Nazarene Church.
* Photos by Mike Schumm