(5-14-20) The Mercer County Health District (MCHD) reports nine new confirmed COVID 19 cases, while Auglaize County reports four new cases.
- 102nd confirmed case is a female in the age range of 30-40 years.
- 103rd confirmed case is a female in the age range of 50-60 years.
- 104th confirmed case is male in the age range of 30-40 years.
- 105th confirmed case is a male in the age range of 40-50 years.
- 106th confirmed case is a female in the age range of 40-50 years.
- 107th case is a female in the age range of 30-40 years.
- 108th case is a male in the age range of 60-70 years.
- 109th case is a male in the age range of 80-90 years.
- 110th case is a male in the age range of 50-60 years.
All individuals are self-isolating at home.
As of May 14, 2020, the MCHD reports 110 confirmed cases, 32 recovered cases, 155 pending cases, 368 negative cases, 7 hospitalizations, and 1 death of COVID-19.
Of the 110 confirmed COVID-19 cases, 64 confirmed cases (58%) are White Non-Hispanic, 42 confirmed cases (38%), are Pacific Islanders, and 4 confirmed cases (4%) are Hispanic. The age range is 19-90 years of age. 61 females and 49 males are confirmed cases. COVID-19 is community spread, with confirmed cases in the following cities/villages: Celina (47), Coldwater (30), Fort Recovery (3), Maria Stein (6), Mendon (3), Rockford (1), St. Henry (18), Chickasaw (1), and Burkettsville (1).
The hospitalizations listed in our daily data are current hospitalizations. It’s also important to know that our hospitalizations data reflect Mercer County residents, regardless if they are in our local hospital or a surrounding county hospital.
As previously announced, MCHD has been monitoring an ongoing situation at Cooper Farms. At this time, 40 confirmed COVID-19 cases are employed at the St. Henry Processing Plant. There are 30 cases pending COVID-19 results. On May 13, 2020, MCHD opened an outbreak at the Gardens-St. Henry. Currently, there are 4 employees and 1 previous resident who have confirmed cases of COVID-19. The MCHD continues to work with the Ohio Department of Health and the Gardens-St. Henry on this outbreak.
Members from the MCHD met with a team from the Ohio Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) today. ODH & CDC are providing recommendations and tools on how to assist the MCHD during the COVID-19 pandemic.
New cases confirmed –
- 49th case is a 61 year old female.
- 50th case is a 38 year old male.
- 51st case is a 19 year old male.
- 52nd case is a 42 year old male.
The Auglaize County Health Department (ACHD), reports 50 confirmed cases and 2 probable cases, 10 hospitalizations, 20 recovered cases, and 3 deaths of COVID-19. Of the 52 cases, 37 cases are female (71%) and 15 cases are male (29%) with an average age of 54. Data reported is cumulative over the course of this outbreak.