ash street

On Tuesday, December 19, 2017 at 11:37 am the Celina Fire Department received a call for a fire at 221 S. Ash St. in Celina. Cynthia Coate, advised her two children were still in the residence and she was unable to locate them due to the smoke.

On arrival smoke was coming out from the second story apartment. Two children 1 and 2 years of age were found in a bedroom on the second floor and were removed to safety. The fire was located in the same bedroom in the wall cavity and attic area. The children suffered smoke inhalation and were transported to Coldwater Hospital by ambulance with non-life threating injuries.

The two occupants of the first floor apartment were able to escape with no injuries. The owner of the property was Jeff Link of Celina (Midwest Rental Properties) and was insured. The fire appears to be electrical in nature and is under investigation.

The Celina Fire Department responded with three trucks and twelve firefighters and remained on the scene for approximately two hours.

 

 

Advertisements