(6-22-22) Joint Township District Memorial Hospital’s Nursing Scholarship Fund was established in 1990. This fund provides a $1,000 scholarship to qualified applicants pursing their education in nursing. The applicant must be a graduating high school senior, current college student or adult returning to school pursing a degree in nursing and live in Auglaize or Mercer counties. Through an interview process, the chosen applicant is awarded a $1,000 renewable scholarship as long as they are enrolled in a nursing program and are in good academic standing.
This year’s Nursing Scholarship recipient is Zoe Newcomb. Zoe is a 2022 graduate from Celina High School and plans on attending Ohio University.
The Landen Philpot Scholarship was established in 2014 in honor of Landen Philpot, son of Joey and Jessica Philpot, who passed away in 2011 from SIDS. This fund provides two $1,000 scholarships to area students through funds raised by the annual Landen’s 5K Walk/Run. The applicants selected for the interview process, must be a high school senior, current college student or adult returning to college, residing in one of the counties served by the Grand Lake Health System. Applicants must be accepted or attending an accredited school of nursing with an interest in obstetrics or newborn care.
The 2022 Joint Township District Memorial Hospital presents the 2022 scholarships recipients are:
- Rylie Barrington, a 2021 graduate of Waynesfield-Goshen High School and currently attending Ohio Northern University.
- Kendall Dieringer, a 2022 graduate of St. Marys Memorial High School and will be attending Ohio Wesleyan University.
Joint Township District Memorial Hospital is also honored to provide an annual individual scholarship to area high school graduating seniors interested in pursuing a degree in an allied health care field, through a fund established in 2010, by an anonymous donor, to benefit one student from each of the following schools: New Knoxville, St. Marys, Celina, New Bremen, Minster and Wapakoneta. The individual $1,000 scholarship winners are determined by the student’s high school.
The 2022 scholarship recipients are:
- Harlee Harris-graduate of Celina pursing a degree in nursing at Ohio University-Zanesville;
- Jayden Clune-graduate of Minster pursing a degree in health sciences at Toledo University;
- Mallory Messick-graduate of New Bremen pursing a degree in Nursing at Ohio University;
- Parker Banner-graduate of New Knoxville pursing a degree in pre-medicine at The Ohio State University;
- Alivia Rush-graduate of St. Marys pursing a degree in physical therapy at University of Findlay;
- Peyton Debell-graduate of Wapakoneta pursing a degree in biomedical science at The Ohio State University.
To learn more about scholarship opportunities or how you can donate to the scholarship funds, please contact Julie Jacobs at the JTD Hospital Foundation at 419-394-3387 ext. 3574 or email@example.com.