(7-16-21) An Anna teenager, Gage Dalton Wannemacher (19) of Anna, has been indicted by a Shelby County grand jury on multiple sexual allegations.
The charges include-
- two charges of rape, both first degree felonies
- attempt to commit rape, a second degree felony
- four charges of gross sexual imposition, two of which are third degree felonies and two of which are fourth degree felonies.
Wannemacher is accused of the following:
- raping a child older than 13 in January
- raping a 13-year-old child in March or April
- attempted rape of a child older than 13 between August 2020 and January 2021
Wannemacher is also accused of :
- forcing a child older than 13 to touch him sexually in August 2020
- forcing a 13-year-old child to touch him sexually between September and December 2020
- sexually touching a child younger than 13 between August and September 2020
- sexually touching a child younger than 13 and having that child to touch him sexually on April 1.
Wannemacher was charged over the weekend and arrested on Saturday after the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office was notified of the incidents. On Monday, in his initial court appearance, his bond was set at $100,000 and he bonded out of jail at that time.