(5-26-21) Kevin Browning (43) from Willshire, who had been employed as a teacher and wrestling coach at Parkway, pleaded guilty to four 3rd Degree Felony Counts of Sexual Battery.
Browning’s crimes allegedly occurred with a female student between January and November of 2018.
Browning entered the plea this week in Van Wert County Common Pleas Court and will be sentenced on June 30th.
His plea agreement includes a single count of rape being dismissed. The state will recommend that Browning serve no more than 54 months in prison, be listed as a Tier III Sex Offender and will have to register his address with police officials for the rest of his life.
What is a Tier III Sex Offender?
The term ‘tier III sex offender’ means a sex offender whose offense is punishable by imprisonment for more than 1 year and;
- (A) is comparable to or more severe than the following offenses, or an attempt or conspiracy to commit such an offense:
- (i) aggravated sexual abuse or sexual abuse (as described in sections 2241 and 2242 of title 18, United States Code); or
- (ii) abusive sexual contact (as described in section 2244 of title 18, United States Code) against a minor who has not attained the age of 13 years;
- (B) involves kidnapping of a minor (unless committed by a parent or guardian); or
- (C) occurs after the offender becomes a tier II sex offender.