(3-1-21) Since the Celina Kiwanis have fewer commitments due to ongoing pandemic restrictions, the club chose its February board meeting to review committees and streamline its organization by combining some committees and eliminating others.
Several members accepted new positions.
Amy Broering and Yvette Fuelling
- Dale Hart will chair the Lake Festival Committee
- Amy Broering and Yvette Fuelling will co-chair the Reindog Committee
- Erynn Piper will chair the Mr. Potato Head Committee
In other business:
- the club donated $100 to the Kiwanis Children’s Fund
- Dale Hart and Vaughn Ray updated the club on their progress in starting a Key Club at Celina High School
- President Perts and Hart reported on the Division 2 Zoom meeting
- The Governor’s Project, donating to a fund to support Service Learning Programs such as the Key Club, was presented.
Although the Celina club has already earmarked funds to start an SLP at CHS, they will discuss making a donation to the Governor’s Project at their next board meeting.
Members are also considering possible venues for March’s Fun Night. For more information about the Kiwanis Club of Celina, like them on Facebook or find them at k16309.site.kiwanis.org.