(12-17-20) The Mercer County Health District continues to develop a plan for vaccine distribution based on information that changes daily. Continued patience is appreciated as we work through the vaccination process while continuing daily COVID-19 pandemic response activities. Additional information will be released as it is available.
The latest update from the Mercer County Health District.
In Mercer County-
- 57th resident to die from COVID-19 was a 93-year-old female from Celina
- 58th resident to die from COVID-19 was an 89-year-old female from Celina
Probable Deaths –
- 15th probable death from COVID-19 was an 86-year-old female from Rockford
- 16th probable death from COVID-19 was an 85-year-old male from Celina
- 17th probable death from COVID-19 was an 86-year-old male from Rockford
As of today, the Ohio Department of Health (ODH) reports a COVID-19 incidence rate of 680 new cases in Mercer County per 100,000 residents over the past two weeks. Mercer County ranks 71st in the state for Ohio counties ranked by highest incidence. As we continue through this holiday season, the MCHD wants to remind our community to continue in their efforts in preventing the spread of COVID-19. We encourage you to make responsible choices about holiday gatherings.
As of December 17, 2020, the Mercer County Health District (MCHD) reports 3,145 confirmed cases, 555 probable cases, 2,828 recovered cases, 33 pending cases, 11 hospitalizations, 58 deaths, and 17 probable deaths of COVID-19. There have been 10 confirmed cases who have passed away due to causes other than COVID-19. Currently, there are 245 active cases of COVID-19 in Mercer County.
|Month||Number of Confirmed Cases|
|March (First case on 3/24)||5 cases|
|December – present||399 cases|