(11-12-20) Public access to the (Piqua Police Department) building will be suspended. Community members needing to speak to a Police Officer will be asked to wait outside instead of in the lobby. Anyone at the building needing to speak to an officer should use the phone located in the entryway. This phone rings to the Miami County Dispatch Center.
During normal business hours, members of the public should call the department prior to arriving in person.
In addition, the following items will be suspended until further notice:
- No civilian Fingerprinting and no public building tours.
- Public Records Requests will be handled by phone, email or through the City of Piqua’s website.
Some of the precautions the patrol officers will be making in the immediate future:
- Officers may try to handle more situations by phone call instead of person to person.
- Officers may be speaking to people outside of buildings/residences rather than holding conversations inside.
- Officers may be seen wearing gloves more often or other Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) as a situation dictates.
Phone: 937-778-2027 (Police Non-Emergency Line) or 937-440-9911 (Dispatch Non-Emergency Line)