(9-17-20) U.S. 30 at U.S. 224, both eastbound and westbound, Van Wert, will be restricted to one lane through the work zone beginning Aug. 10 for a project that will reconstruct and lower the pavement beneath the U.S. 224 overhead to increase vertical clearance. The project also includes drainage work, and replacement of barrier wall and guardrail. The project is expected to be completed late October.
- S. 30 westbound entrance ramp from U.S. 224 will close on September 14 for approximately 30 days.
- Detour: U.S. 30 eastbound to U.S. 127 back to U.S. 30 westbound (see map).
- S. 30 traffic will be maintained in one lane in each direction.
- Liberty Union Road from U.S. 30 to Terry Road will close Aug. 10 for approximately three months.
Multi Route paving project will begin work Aug. 10. The project includes resurfacing of the existing pavement, pavement repairs, work on curb ramps, and widening of bridge approaches on U.S. 224. Lane restrictions will be in place with traffic being maintained by flaggers. Work is expected to be finished by early October.
- U.S. 224 from the Indiana state line to the city of Van Wert.
- U.S. 127 from the CSX Railroad line north of Main St. to the intersection of U.S. 127, U.S. 224, and Marsh Rd.
- SR 118 in Van Wert the bridge over Town Creek to U.S. 127/Washington St.
- SR 709 from SR 118 to Township Road 58.