(8-13-20) Mercer County Sheriff, Jeff Grey and Celina Police Chief Tom Wale report that their officers worked in conjunction with the Grand Lake Task Force in a Statewide initiative against drugs, called “Operation Blue Light“. The operation focused enforcement efforts on drugs and other criminal offenses. The Mercer County Sheriff’s Office and Celina Police Department assigned extra patrol officers / deputies to assist the Grand Lake Task Force in this effort.
During this two (2) day event, officers / deputies made a total of 16 Traffic Stops, They issued 9 citations, issued 18 warning for various traffic violations, issued 5 misdemeanor citations for Drug Abuse Instruments, Drug Paraphernalia, Marijuana, and Obstructing Official Business. The officers / deputies also arrested 6 people on outstanding warrants and or crimes. Arrested on warrants were;
- Kevin J. Howard, 33 year old male, 440 Touvelle Street, Lot #5, Celina, Ohio, arrested on an outstanding warrant.
- Wayne Storer, 38 year old male, 19012 Williams Road, Wapakoneta, Ohio, arrested on an outstanding warrant.
- Jordan G. Simmons, 18 year old male, 1400 West Market, #62, Celina, Ohio, arrested on an outstanding warrant, drug paraphernalia, and obstructing official business.
- Donald W. Noggler, 52 year old male, 201 Buckeye Street, Rockford, Ohio, arrested on an outstanding warrant.
- Jordan A. Cummins, 23 years old male, 1043 West Bank Road, Apt. #B, Celina, Ohio, on an outstanding warrant.
- Kimberly S. Hawkey/Schmidt, 37 year old female, 440 Touvelle Street, Lot #5, Celina, Ohio, arrested on possession of drugs methamphetamine, heroin, drug abuse instrument, and drug paraphernalia.
Additional charges pending due to ongoing investigation related to assorted drug offenses.