CELINA (7-30-20) – The Mercer County Health District (MCHD) reports that a 12th Mercer County resident, an 84-year-old male from Coldwater, has died from COVID-19.
The MCHD reports 9 new confirmed COVID 19 cases –
- 471st confirmed case is a male in the age range of 30-40 years.
- 472nd confirmed case is a male in the age range of 60-70 years.
- 473rd case is a female in the age range of 40-50 years.
- 474th confirmed case is a female in the age range of 80-90 years.
- 475th confirmed case is a male in the age range of 60-70 years.
- 476th confirmed case is a male in the age range of 60-70 years.
- 477th confirmed case is a male in the age range of 20-30 years.
- 478th confirmed case is a male in the age range of 50-60 years.
- 479th confirmed case is a female in the age range of 50-60 years.
All of these individuals are self-isolating at home.
As of July 30, 2020, the Mercer County Health District (MCHD) reports 479 confirmed cases, 11 probable cases, 371 recovered cases, 97 pending cases, 2,103 negative cases, 2 hospitalizations, 12 deaths, and 1 probable death of COVID-19. Currently, there are 95 active cases of COVID-19 in Mercer County.
The MCHD wants to remind the public about the Mercer Health COVID-19 Drive-Thru Testing. The site is not a pop-up testing site. Testing requirements must be met and an order from a physician/medical provider is required. People who are eligible to be tested include:
- Symptomatic healthcare workers
- Any symptomatic resident of Mercer County
- As resources allow- asymptomatic healthcare workers, non-Mercer County residents who are symptomatic and Mercer County residents who are receiving essential surgeries/procedures or other medically necessary procedures.
While most people in Mercer County who have tested positive for COVID-19 have had only minor symptoms, it is important to remember that others could become severely ill. The people at the highest risk include older adults and people with underlying medical conditions. Healthy individuals are encouraged to take precautions to help protect loved ones who could be more seriously impacted by the virus.
The Mercer County COVID-19 dashboard can be found at https://arcg.is/1mTqa5. If you have questions about COVID-19, contact the Mercer County Health District 419-586-3251.