CELINA-The number of COVID 19 confirmed cases in Mercer County continue to rise.
The Mercer County Health District (MCHD) reports five new confirmed COVID 19 cases, Auglaize Countydid not report any additional cases today.
- 138th confirmed case is a female in the age range of 50-60 years and is self-isolating at home.
- 139th confirmed case is a hospitalized male in the age range of 70-80 years.
- 140th confirmed case is a male in the age range of 40-50 years and is self-isolating at home.
- 141st case is a male in the age range of 20-30 years and is self-isolating at home.
- 142nd case is a male in the age range of 50-60 years and is self-isolating at home.
As of May 18, 2020, the MCHD reports 142 confirmed cases, 58 recovered cases, 117 pending cases, 434 negative cases, 10 hospitalizations, and 2 deaths of COVID-19.
The second death that took place was a St. Henry man from the age of 90-100.
The State of Ohio reported 28,454 total cases of COVID-19 with 1,657 total deaths.
In related Ohio COVID 19 news.
Today Ohio Governor Mike DeWine said he is still concerned with conditions taking place at bars and restaurants –
They will issue administrative citations that could result in the revocation of liquor licenses. Further, we will work with municipal prosecutors to take potential criminal actions against these bad actors.
The last time the Governor had concernslise this for these establishments he closed them down.