(3-13-20) Grand Lake Health System announces additional restrictions to limit the potential spread of the COVID-19 virus to ensure the safety of our patients, staff and community.
Effective immediately, Grand Lake Health is implementing the following visitor restrictions:
- We ask that people do not visit our facilities, including senior service locations
- No visitation by anyone who is ill with seasonal flu or COVID-19 symptoms including shortness of breath, coughing, fever, chills, headache, vomiting, sore throat, muscle aches, or diarrhea
- No visitation by anyone under the age of 14
- No more than one visit / day
- Visitors must be a spouse, significant other, parent or legal guardian, or primary caregiver. Visitors must stay in the room with the patient.
- For mother / baby and pediatric patients, visitors are limited to a designated partner or primary caregiver (only one at a time)
- ED and Surgery locations will limit visitors to one support person during the visit as defined above
- TCU and Geriatric Psych will not allow visitation unless exception applies
- Exceptions will be considered based on end of life or when immediate family is essential for the patient’s care (special needs i.e. language barrier, emotional support)
- Visitors will be required to register at switchboard PRIOR to visitation
- Visitors will be reminded to practice hand hygiene on arrival and throughout their time in the building; and to avoid shaking hands, touching, or hugging individuals during their visit
- The hospital reserves the right to engage security personnel for any visitors unwilling to comply with visitor restrictions
In addition, all hospital affiliated classes, support groups, and community events will be cancelled through April 6th or further notice. The health and well-being of our patients, their families, and the community is our top priority.
Visitor restrictions will remain in effect until the state of emergency declaration is lifted for the state of Ohio or until further notice.