(9-28-17) – The Ohio Department of Agriculture has issued final permits to install and operate to MVP Dairy, a 4,500-head operation to be built northwest of Neptune in the St. Marys River Watershed.
The 82-acre facility, planned adjacent to Hasis Road on the south side of U.S. 33, is a partnership between VanTilburg Farms of Celina and McCarty Dairy LLC of Colby, Kansas.
Those wishing to appeal the final permits may do so by 5 p.m. Oct. 23:
- Environmental Review Appeals Commission
- 77 S. High St., 17th Floor,
- Columbus, OH 43215.
Questions on the appeal process may be directed to the commission. A copy of the appeal must be served on ODA Director David Daniels within three days after filing the appeal with the commission, according to the ODA.
- A Look at the Proposed MVP Dairy Farm To Be Located In Neptune
- Complete details on the MVP Dairy Farm Plans
- Proposed dairy farm in Mercer County met with opposition from local residents
- Yogurt Brand Dannon Set to Build Mega Dairy with 4,500 Cows in 6 Barns